13 thoughts on “TOP 10 PREPPER MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS [Prepping 365: #301]

• May 3, 2019 at 03:01

Absolutely Awesome Top Ten List. Never miss a day to give your mom a hug and tell her how much you love her.. I lost my Mom in 2005 and I miss her every single day. You and your family have a beautiful and blessed week!!!

• May 3, 2019 at 03:57

I enjoyed this video! My mom is 77. She wasn't much of a prepper and we moved down here to be closer to her in her fragile years. However, there are a few prepper items that I could make into Mother's Day gifts.

-Phone charger cables. She's older and more forgetful. She has a bad habit of forgetting that her phone is plugged in. Sometimes she grabs it and starts walking away without unplugging it. So I have to buy her new cables once every few weeks. I can make her a bouquet of charge cables in assorted colors.

-Flashlights. She has a thing about the dark, so she carries several pocket flashlights with her and keeps them scattered around. Walmart has a multipack of pocket flashlights in assorted colors. I can make her a bouquet of those too. She wasn't afraid of the dark before as I was growing up but she has since moving to Florida and having frequent power failures.
    -Power Banks. I already got her a few and she enjoys using them when she's out of the house. But she isn't very good about recharging them, so I'll do it for her. I can get her a few more to keep a few handy.
    -Phone case. When I updated my family's phones last year, I also updated hers and put her on our family plan to keep her connected. She's likes phone cases and I can get her a new one to keep her phone protected. A good phone case isn't just a fashion accessory, it's also a $20 insurance policy that protects your phone and pays for itself the first time you drop your phone and it doesn't break!

Also, as a footnote, her phone is the only one with location tracking turned on. It gives us a little bit of comfort to know that we can find her if she wanders off. And one thing about my mother that we can depend on… She can forget her wallet, she can forget her keys, she can forget the time, etc. But in the last 20 years, she has never forgotten to take her phone or ever lost one. So we're confident that she'll have it with her.

Unfortunately, she's isn't very supportive of prepping. She calls it "planning for doom". I've tried to explain to her but she doesn't understand. We're not "planning for doom". We're planning for what we're going to do AFTER the doom happens and to have a future beyond it.

Great list Morgan!

• May 3, 2019 at 05:00

Lol. Just bought myself (yes, I am a Mom) an antique hand crank coffee grinder and an antique coffee perculator.

• May 5, 2019 at 00:06

I am amazed at how much appreciation my mother would show for some dandelion flowers when I was a boy. But all us sons know what our moms want …….

daughter-in-laws and grandchildren.