You’re probably sitting at your desk wondering what to buy for that special someone this holiday season. You don’t want to break the bank, but you also don’t want to get them a lame gift. Well, here is an article with some of the best tech gifts that are under $100!
1. The Amazon Echo Dot (4th Generation)
One of the best tech gifts for less than $100 would have to be The Amazon Echo Dot!
The best part about this gift is that it can do a lot of things. You don’t just get an Alexa-enabled speaker, you also get access to so many other services such as music streaming and information from Google or Wikipedia with your voice.
It’s perfect for someone who is always on the go since they will only need their phone nearby in order to tell Alexa what they want. This gadget provides hours of entertainment without having any screens around which makes it great because people tend not to focus on screens these days anyways.
There are different sizes available but I recommend getting one that has more speakers if possible since sound quality does matter when listening at home.
The Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) with clock is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set alarms and timers.
Echo Dot connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio , and TuneIn .
You can also connect the included AUX cable or use Bluetooth speakers to play music from your phone or tablet.
• Set alarms in 30 seconds
• Create a better morning routine with voice-controlled home automation
• Get weather updates right before you leave the house •’Insanely fast Wi-Fi delivery of your favorite music and radio stations
• Get hands-free, voice control for your smart home
• Stay on top of current events with access to the news and weather
• Shop online through Amazon.com with a simple voice command
• Ask Alexa to set alarms, tell jokes, and play music
• Clock with LED display
• Can be used for alarms, timers, and more
• Interacts with other home devices for convenience
• Compatible with most smart home devices
2. A Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers can be really useful if you want to listen to music or podcasts from your phone but want a much better performance than your typical phone or laptop speakers.
This is a great gift for people who like listening to music at work, outside on their porch or in the backyard, or while they’re cooking dinner.
One of the best part about Bluetooth speakers is that you don’t have to worry about charging them too often because most of them can last up to 20 hours without needing another charge .
This makes it perfect for those long summer days when your friends are over and there’s no power outlets available!
They come with many benefits: portability, sound quality (especially if you compare them to laptop/phone speakers), security (no need for Bluetooth connection as these devices will automatically pair) and ease-of-use.
Another advantage is that Bluetooth speakers are self-contained, meaning they don’t rely on an internet connection to play music, they will happily play audio from locally stored music that’s stored on your device.
JBL FLIP 4 – Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker. The Ultimate Party Speaker
Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound. Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime.
Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water. JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party. Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker
• Wireless- connect up to 2 devices and play music like a DJ
• Up to 12 hours of playtime
• Ipx7 waterproof means worry free from any spills or rain
• Powerful sound with dual passive radiators
• Designed for parties and perfect for home use
• Put it in the pool because it’s waterproof!
• Connects with other JBL speakers wirelessly, so you can amplify your party or have a private listening session
3. An external hard drive
External or portable hard drives are extremely useful for things like transferring very large files between computers, backing up your computer’s data and even storing many image or video files which you can bring to another location and access instantly.
Typically, external hard drives come in two different sizes: the standard desktop size and a smaller laptop size. The best part about the laptop sized variant is that you don’t need an extra power cord to run most of them because they typically will pull power directly from the device that you connect them to.
Additionally, some models offer encryption for additional security which can be useful if you are worried about someone accessing your files without permission. They also range from less than $100 all the way up into the hundreds, depending on how much storage space you need and what software features (like wireless access or automatic backup) it offers along with its overall quality level.
Western Digital 5TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive
The Western Digital® Elements desktop hard drive offers the capacity you need to store your digital life. From music and videos to photos and documents, this drive offers plenty of space for your files. It’s also easy to use with plug-and-play functionality, direct connection to your computer or through a USB hub for added versatility.
• Avoid data loss and transfer large amounts of files in seconds with Western Digital’s 5TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive.
• Stop feeling stressed about how to back up your important computer data or worrying about when a laptop will next become filled with tons of work that needs saving. The WD 5TB Elements solves these problems!
• With its high capacity, this hard drive is perfect for those who want all the space they need and don’t mind spending a little more money.
• This external hard drive also comes backed by a 2 year limited warranty from Western Digital
4. A wireless mouse and keyboard combo
Wireless keyboards and mice are very useful things and can make a great gift for someone. They will allow you to you connect to computer, laptop, media PC or game console wirelessly without the hassle of cords.
If the person that you’re getting this for doesn’t have one already this will be an excellent solution for them!
Logitech MK345 Wireless Combo Full-Sized Keyboard with Palm Rest and Mouse
The Logitech MK345 Wireless Combo Full-Sized Keyboard with Palm Rest and Mouse is a comfortable, quiet typing experience on a familiar keyboard layout with generous palm rest, spill-resistant design and easy-access media keys like mute, volume and play.
The full-size keyboard layout features an all-new contoured shape for smooth, precise tracking. Plus, the mouse is hand friendly with an ergonomic design that feels right in your hand.
• Reliable wireless connection with 2.4GHz
• No cords to get caught in the way
• Palm rest for comfortable and productive typing
• 18 month battery life on mouse (may vary by user)
• Full-size keyboard layout
• Comfortable, quiet typing
• Spill resistant design for desktop use and mouse is cordless
• Convenient media keys
5. A portable battery charger for your phone or tablet
A portable battery charger, more often referred to as a power bank, would be a great gift for someone who often spends days out with their friends or family.
The power bank will give the the ability to charge up a phone or tablet, some of the more powerful versions will even allow the charging of laptops!
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 Power Bank
Anker’s new slim, sleek and powerful PowerCore Slim 10000 portable charger is the perfect travel companion. This ultra-portable device packs a 10,000mAh capacity charge that can provide up to 2.25 charges for iPhone 12, 1.6 charges for Galaxy S20 and 1.2 charges for iPad mini!
The slim size of this power bank makes it easy to take with you wherever you go. The high-quality materials used make this powerbank durable and scratch resistant so it will last through your adventures!
• Slim size but big power; dual-charging capacity
• Charges two devices at 1.6 times the speed of a regular charger
• Quality throughout with stylish design
• Premium, reliable way to charge your electronic devices
• 10k Power Bank will recharge six of your favorite phones for a week straight
• Versatile charging with 12 Watts of power can charge two devices at the same time while trickle-charging one device.
6. Wireless headphones with a built-in mic
Wireless headphones are a really useful thing to have, especially if you are doing things at home and need to be somewhat mobile and not just stuck next to your computer. Having a microphone on the wireless headset will allow you to use it for phone calls and more. .
Logitech H800 Bluetooth Wireless Headset with Mic
The Logitech H800 wireless headset with mic is a PC, smartphone and tablet headset that lets you easily connect to your devices and switch between them.
It features rich digital stereo sound, a built-in equalizer and noise-cancelling microphone for clear calls and music.
Its 40 ft. range lets you listen from anywhere in the room or pair it with your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth technology for easy connection. It has a six-hour rechargeable battery for longer listening time.
• Enjoy high sound quality and clarity with no wires
• No software to install. You can connect this headset wirelessly via Bluetooth or the USB receiver
• Experience a true wideband audio experience of 30Hz to 15KHz which is perfect for music, movies and gaming
• Wireless connection- connect to your PC, phone or tablet
• Memory foam earpieces and headband for comfortable use
• Communication range up to 12 meters
• Six hours of rechargeable battery life with easy USB charging
7. A Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a really interesting device, it’s a credit card sized computer which runs the Linux operating system. Initially designed as a learning tool for school kids, it has become extremely popular with hobbyists and many tech minded people in general.
Currently, the Raspberry Pi is on version 4 and has made pretty big advances with each version, if you are planning to buy this as a gift for a techie friend then they will really enjoy tinkering with it no doubt.
LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 4GB Complete Starter PRO Kit
The Raspberry Pi 4 Complete Starter Kit is the most complete kit for beginners and experienced users. The kit includes everything you need to get started with your raspberry pi 4 including a case, power supply, heatsinks and even an SD card. All this at a great price!
The Raspberry Pi 4 B+ is the latest version of the Raspberry Pi that has upgraded its processor from 1.4GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A53 to 1.5GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit at 1.5GHz which will allow you to use this device for many projects, including an effective way to connect remotely to a remote computer if you need to work from home.