10 thoughts on “12 Holiday Gift Ideas for Whiskey Drinkers

• December 1, 2016 at 23:54

Great list, I liked it a lot but, do you really have a favourite whiskey? I do not and I'm nearly sure neirther do you hahaha. Once I told a friend that if I could only drink one whiskey Bushmills 10 would be it but with so many drams out there its nearly impossible to say for sure "this is it" 😛

• December 2, 2016 at 02:01

I would either have to choose Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select or Rebecca Creek Single Malt as my favorite.

• December 2, 2016 at 05:00

Fav whiskey is Jim Beam – I know it's cheap but I love the sweet mash flavor in it

• December 8, 2016 at 05:27

Woodford Reserve is one of my favorite bourbon whiskey, there's a Woodford Reserve gift or starter kit with a logo Glencairn glass that sells for under $25.

• December 9, 2016 at 13:33

The two winners of this contest were Tim Todaro and Tony Leu! Your whiskey journals are on the way!

• December 18, 2016 at 20:53

I'm fairly new (like 5 weeks) into drinking whiskys / whiskeys depending on If You're Scottish or not, respectively.

That said I "gifted" myself a Northern Harvest Rye (Crown Royal product) from a Target run. Rather impulsive buy, as I'd always wanted to try a good whiskey, and lo and behold it was incorrectly labeled for 24 USD so I talked to customer service and they happily refunded me the 13-14 dollars for it's "real" yet mistakenly labeled price.

I have since progressed to one bourbon and one scotch, Woodford Reserve (non-rye) and a The Glenlivet 12. Both (well all three) are so vastly different in nosing, tasting, and how the alcohol "hits" Ya. Also, I have set of whisky glasses as well as old fashioned "rocks" glasses with tapered nose with wide body at the base that make the whole experience rather enjoyable as a (new) grad student and (fairly new) father. 👍

• August 6, 2018 at 20:55

I don't own one because my ice spheres don't fit lol I once tried ordering a high west neat at the bar and couldn't do it made her put some ice in it I guess I only like whiskey when it's chilled and watered down maybe someday

• October 15, 2018 at 11:06

Tennessee Whiskey and… Thank you..that would be nice to use in a gift basket!